Machine Readable Visa (MRV)
- Citizens of most countries require valid visa to enter Bangladesh.
- Type, category of visa and duration of stay are determined/confirmed by the Embassy.
- Type and category of visa vary according to the purpose of visit, length of stay and bilateral arrangement with the country of the foreign national.
- Any change in rules and regulations made by the Government of Bangladesh will apply.
i. General requirements for all categories:
- Filled-in application form
- Photographs (Size: 37mmX37mm and recent one): 02 copies
- Valid passport and
- Payment receipt of visa fee
ii. Category specific requirements, in addition to those in (i):
The most common categories and their requirements are as follows:
|Government Delegates||Note Verbale|
|Diplomatic / other Embassy officials Visa||Note Verbale|
|UN and other International Organizations visa||Note Verbale|
|Investor visa||Recommendation letter from BOI/BEPZA|
|Work / Employment visa||
|NGO workers’ visa||Permission Letter from NGO Affairs Bureau, Bangladesh|
|Spouses and dependents of all categories (except the person attending TabligJamaat and Tourists Visa)||Certification/necessary letter in support of relations|
|Others||Please contact the Embassy|
Step 1: Fill in and submit your online visa application form available at ‘www.visa.gov.bd’.
Step 2: Print the completed form
Step 3: Make your payment online, once you have completed online application submission.
Step 4: Take the printed form along with other required documents, payment of visa fees and submit it to the Embassy.
Click here for ‘Fees and process of payment’.