Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
Step 1: Prior appointment
Step 2: Online application submission and paying fees
Step 3: Biometric enrolment
Step 4: Passport delivery
- Status of MRP click the link
Requirements for MRP:
- Applicants holding handwritten passports have to submit one set of application form and applicants who did not have any passport before, have to submit two sets of application forms both in original.
- Photo copy of National ID card/17 digit Birth Registration Certificate
- Photocopy of the pages from 1 to 5 of the old Bangladesh passport
- Original copy of the old Bangladesh passport during biometric enrolment
- Colour Photographs (Passport-size(55×45 mm)) – 02 copies
- Applicant must bring copy of marriage certificate for including spouse`s name in re-issued MRP.
- All applicants,including child, need to be present physically during biometric enrolment.
If the applicant is a child under the age of 15 years, colour photos (30×25 mm) of both parents will be required. In certain cases, either of the parent’s photos will be accepted.
- Payment receipt
- Delivery time of the passport: 45 to 60 days after biometric enrolment which may vary in case of complicacy in Police verification and other background verification etc.
Step-1: Prior appointment:
- Before coming to the Embassy booking your online appointment,using our website.
- One must come in person to the Embassy for biometric enrolment (finger print, signature on electronic pad and digital photograph)
Step-2: Online application submission and paying fees:
- Fill in and submit your online application form available at www.passport.gov.bd
- Choose Sweden in the ‘applying in:’ field while filling up the online form.
- Make your payment online, once you have completed online application submission.
Click here for ‘Fees and process of payment’
Application form may be downloaded from www.dip.gov.bd. The form may be filled in as per the instructions on its page 4.
Step-3: Biometric Enrollment:
- Appear in person at the Embassy on the date of appointment on time. Please bring your old passport, if applicable.
- Sit for biometric enrolment (Finger print scanning, signature on electronic pad and digital photograph)
- Please collect your delivery slip and take back your old Bangladesh passport, if applicable.
Step-4: Delivery of passport:
- General information – passport is ready for delivery
- How to collect the passport
General Information – passport is ready for delivery:
- After biometric enrollment, average Processing time at the Department of Passport in Dhaka: 30 days
- MRP printed in Dhaka and dispatched to the Embassy for delivery, in general:
After 40-45 days – for regular delivery
- List of the passport ready for delivery is available at the Embassy’s web.
How to collect the passport:
- Option 1: In person by the applicant
- Option 2: By mail/postal/courier service
Option 1: In person by the applicant
If the MRP is collected in person by the applicant,
- Old passport for cancellation
- Delivery slip given during the biometric enrolment
- Original application
- New MRP
- Cancelled old passport, if applicable
Option 2: By mail/postal/courier service
If collected by postal service, send the following to the Embassy
- Delivery slip given by the Embassy during biometric enrolment
- Original application
- Old passport, if applicable
- Postage payment receipt (Please click here)